Regular Meeting Minutes
Location: RCHS Staff room
Date and Time: January 13, 5:30pm
- Call to order: in attendance: Jen Andrew, Ashlee Payne, Julie Woodzicka, Richard Miller, TC McCoy, Molly Kay Moore, Tinni Sen, Valentina Dimitrova-Grajzl.
- Approval of Minutes from December:
- “library has its own Insta page, not Twitter
- Julie Woodzicka was present
- Public Comments: None
- Executive Committee Report
- President’s report (Valentina Dimitrova-Grajzl)
- Second call for wish list sent to Mike Craft
- College Admission Panel: Not in March, busy month for Guidance office. Tentatively Moved to Wednesday, April 15, 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Treasurer’s report (Jen Andrews)
- Saved to RCHS PTSA Dropbox: Balance: 12/31/2019 $11,205.72
- 2 new memberships
- Question: what was earmarked for After Prom? Jen Andrews will check on balance of 2019 After Prom
- Principal’s report (Mr. Craft). Richard Miller for Mike Craft
- Report on Safe Space: Good presentation. 25-30 teachers, 30 Administrators. MRMS is considering making it mandatory for all MRMS teachers. Payne build list of resources.
- Administrators went to RACS Trauma training. 2.5 hours.
- Chris Heron videos shown on Jan 13, 2020
- No update on DMV at RCHS yet.
- Meetings on Class offerings will start on Jan 16
- New: Middle schools visit RCHS, Jan 20, 21.
- New Community board in Commons area.
- Curriculum Information night, Jan 30, 6-8pm
- Discussion on bringing in Consent, Safe Space into Health Curriculum. Miller will take to Craft.
- Committee reports
- Fundraising (Mary Kelly and Kimberly Hines):
- Hospitality (Molly Kay Moore, Connie Loughhead, Bethany Hull):
- Feb yogurt bar, Pie day in March, April – teacher appreciation week
- Facebook (Molly Kay Moore):
- Running daily announcements on MWF
- Action item: Link to Guidance Newsletter on Tuesdays
- There is an Insta page, handle is RCHS PTSA.
- Media/Communications (Julie Woodzicka, Dave Pfaff)
- Website is good
- Include FB feed on website. Action item: Dave Pfaff
- After-Prom (Kimberly Hines and Tc McCoy):
- raised $1400 so far.
- New Venue, MRMS, new gym and cafeteria
- Ford Drive is on, April 18. At both MRMS and RCHS. Money will come in about 5 weeks later. Need 300 drivers for $8K. 9am onwards.
- Wildcat Inspiration Award (Courtney Diette): No update
- Faculty Representative: Ashlee Payne
- Library would like to help with After Prom
- Amanda Burks coordinating a book fair next year, would like volunteers
- Bibliography of books about LGBTQIA+ issues available at the library
- Thanks for the snacks for students
- Ask for donation of non-perishable food once a month to be dropped off at the main office with Ms. Pedigo’s name on it
- Incentives to reduce truancy: PTSA to provide ideas and volunteers. Optional exams? Auction of car spaces, gas Cards, food cards, athletic pass. Free oil change.
- Student Vice President: No update
- New Initiatives – ideas to discuss: Incentives to reduce truancy.