RCHS PTSA General Meeting, Agenda May 11, 2020, 5:30pm Zoom session
Present: Valentina Dimitrova-Grajzl, Jen Andrews, Megan Vaught, Dr. Craft, Tinni Sen, Ashlee Payne, Julie Woodzicka, Kim Hickman, Pat Bradley, Dave Pfaff, Bethany Hull, Andy Martin
Call to order Public Comments – none
Principal’s report (Michael Craft)
· Underclass awards are being filmed; will be broadcast 5/20
· Senior awards are being filmed (family is invited to the school to watch student cross the stage; broadcast on 5/21
· ACTION: Link awards videos on PTSA Facebook page;
· ACTION: use Wildcat Weekly Youtube channel and/or utilize Mrs. Holton to publicize on the Prowler
· Graduation video sessions begin Wednesday. Each senior will be filmed crossing the stage to receive his/her diploma.
o Graduation video will be displayed at Hull’s on 5/22. The public will be encouraged to line the route from RCHS to Hull’s to form a “parade”.
· If face-to-face restrictions are lifted, RCHS will host an in-person graduation ceremony.
· School lunches: students’ parents will have an opportunity to apply for a card to use for the purchase of their own food supplies.
· Projecting a $1.2MM shortfall in budget
Executive Committee Report
· Treasurer’s report (Jen Andrews): Revenue – another good batch of support for After-Prom party; Expenses – PTSA purchased Main Street Lexington gift certificates for teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week. ACTION: tax form prep beginning in June.
· Vote: PTSA Officers for the next academic year
Tinni Sen– President
Daniella Topasna – Vice President
Jen Andrews – Treasurer
Megan Vaught – Secretary
All approved unanimously
· PTSA Senior Award (Pat Bradley)
o One nominee so far; deadline for nominations is Friday
o ACTION: Dr. Bradley will notify Jen Andrews the name of the winner so she can issue the check
o ACTION: Dr. Bradley will record the award video for the Senior Night awards ceremony
o ACTION: announce to PTSA membership (Tinni)
· Wildcat Inspiration Award (Courtney Diette)
o 6 nominees; Tinni, Courtney and Megan will review nominations and vote (virtually)
o Two awards will be given; all six nominees will receive a laser-cut acrylic award (created by Dave Pfaff)
o ACTION: Courtney will have the awards engraved and will get the awards for the nominees and winners over to RCHS
· Fundraising (Mary Kelly and Kimberly Hines) – no report
· Hospitality (Molly Kay Moore, Connie Loughhead, Bethany Hull):
o We finished off the 2019/20 school year with a staff appreciation breakfast of sausage biscuits and coffee donated by Seth at McDonald’s and doughnuts from Pure Eats. We also purchased $10 gift
certificates for the teachers and staff that can be used in any downtown store or restaurant. Even with all the craziness at the end, we had a wonderful year celebrating the teachers and staff at RCHS!
· Facebook (Molly Kay Moore) – no report
· After Prom (Kimberly Hines) – no report
· Media/Communications (Julie Woodzicka, Dave Pfaff) – no report
· Faculty Representative (Ashlee Payne)
o All the teachers are so thankful for the gift cards. That was so kind, and really let us know that we have your support during this difficult time.
o Please let me know how I can help and support you next year, as I hope Mary Holton and I get to continue to be the teacher liaisons.
· Student Vice President – not presen